- How long have you been a Mom? Wow. 14 years!
- How many children call you Mommy? Well, five all together (maybe even six – yeah, no. Not pregnant. See this post.) Two are my biological children.
- Girl? Boy? or both?: 4 girls (5 if you include the extra) and 1 boy. Biologically I was blessed with 1 boy, 1 girl.
- Did you know what you were having? Yes, both times. I always swore if I ever did it again, I wouldn’t find out because I have my boy and my girl. That’s not happening now. LOL
- How old were you when you became a Mom? 21 and 25
- How long were you in labor? The first time was about 8-10 hours which resulted in a completely natural birth (against my wishes!) and the second time was only like an hour or so plus epidural – wonderful!
- What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? Wow. I’m not even sure I can answer a favorite thing. I guess its just having them in my life. Knowing I am someones mother. Hearing them call me mom and tell me I’m the best mom ever. Those things combined.
- What’s your least favorite thing? Teenagers. That about sums it up. LOL
- Do you want more kids? Nope, I’m all done. And perfectly content.
Do you plan on having more soon? No.
- How many times have you been pee’d on? I have actually never been pee’d on, but the B & R’s father has! LOL Too many times to list.
- Barfed on? Gosh I couldn’t even answer this. I guess an estimated 15-20 times but that’s counting spit up barf from little babies.
- Is your child named after anyone? Ryan is not. Brielle’s middle name is Marie and it was after my great grandmother, so I guess yes.
- How did you come up with their name? Ryan’s father named him – it was the only boy name he really had an experience with (the only kid he’d ever met was named Ryan @@) Brielle was named by me, and the name was given to me by a friend who knew I wanted my daughter named something unique that would work with Brie (Brianna and Brianne had been done too much). I fell in love with the name and told NOBODY what I was naming her until I put it on the birth certificate. I’m so glad I did. She’s such a Brielle.
- When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? Well, that would be me. Mike likes to be their comedy entertainment almost 24-7. Of course he also works nights and sleeps days so he doesn’t really experience the bad stuff.
- What is the longest you have been away from your children? A whole summer – six weeks. They had to go visit their father. I hated it, they hated it. It hasn’t repeated itself since.
- Bedtime routine?
8:00pm-9:00pm Eat snack or dessert, brush teeth, get pj’s on, get papers signed for school,
9:00pm They go back to their rooms, pick up trash, toys and other stuff and then read.
9:30pm The younger two turn their light off and go to bed. (yeah right!)
10:00pm The older three turn their light off and go to bed.
- Are your toes painted?
Not right now, no.
- Last movie you saw in the theater? Wow. I cannot even actually remember. We have an extensive DVD collection and mostly buy them and watch them when they come out on DVD. I seriously cannot remember – maybe some kids movie?
- One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? My “me” time. I love reading, writing, scrapbooking, hanging out with my girlfriends, etc. I’m lucky now because my kids are older – it was a lot harder when they were younger!
- One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: Late nights, the bar scene,
- Best Mom perk: Always having someone to laugh with, hang out with and have fun with!
- Snack, you sneak bites from your child? Probably ice cream. LOL
- When the kid is napping, you are: My kiddo’s are FAR away from the napping stage so we can go with while they are outside playing or watching a favorite TV program – I use that time usually to prepare meals, get some cleaning and organizing done, scrapbooking and writing – almost always writing.
- Where is your child(ren) now? All five (and six) are at school.
- Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Well, back when I was buying maternity clothes, I really liked Motherhood and JCPenney.
- If I could do it over…I wouldn’t change a single thing that has gotten me to this point. God is with me and helping me grow and learn from every mistake I’ve ever made.
- Did it turn out the way you expected? Sort of. I always dreamed of a huge family, I just thought I was going to have them all my own. LOL I got the big family and didn’t have to do the birthing stuff – but still get to raise them, love them and grow with them!
If you do this, leave me a comment so I can check it out!